No Excuses! - A Documentary about Quality Physical Education
QUALITY PHYSICAL EDUCATION ADVOCACY
EFFECTIVE TEACHING STRATEGIES
Apps for Physical Education
The purpose of this page is to show the diversity of apps that can be used in physical education (links are to iPhone apps but you can find similar apps on other platforms). The apps are always changing but as long as you know the terminology you should be able to find similar apps that may work better for you. Additional lists:
Assessment - MISCELLANEOUS
- Athla Velocity: A hands free speed radar using your phone. Check out this example activity using the app.
- Cardiograph: Cardiograph is an application which measures your heart rate.
- Heads Up!: Create your own custom deck to have your students review content and have fun. See this example in Physical Education.
- Question Generator: Using SOLO Taxonomy as a framework, this app generates questions to bring in ideas.
- Shot Tracer: Track the flight path of any object.
- SprintStart: Practice sprint starts and test your reaction time.
- SprintTimer: Photo finish app that employs the same techniques as the fully automatic timing equipment (FAT) used at the Olympics.
Assessment - Fitness and Skills
- Blacktop PE: Comprehensive physical education assessment tool.
- Fitness Tests - For PE Teachers and Coaches: The app allows for swift reference of over 30 fitness tests from aerobic capacity to flexibility.
- iSOFIT: Obtain simultaneous objective data on student activity levels, the lesson context in which they occur, and more.
- Move Improve: Helps learners work on basic physical skills through giving and receiving feedback from peers.
- SwipeStats: Users can observe a match and capture actions including: number of passes complete, success rate of tackles, time of possession, and more.
ASSESSMENT - GRADING AND PORTFOLIOS
- eGrader: This app makes it easy to calculate student grades (%s). Enter the number of points possible and it will give you a % for each score.
- Groovy Grader: This app makes it easy to calculate student grades (%s). Enter the number of points possible and it will give you a % for each score.
- Easy Rubric: Designed to minimize the time and effort involved in assessing students and classes of all ages, levels and learning environments.
- Quick Key Mobile: Use your smartphone to grade scantrons.
ASSESSMENT - STUDENT RESPONSE SYSTEMS
CLASS MANAGEMENT - BEHAVIOR TRACKING
CLASS MANAGEMENT - Miscellaneous
- Decibel 10th and Too Noisy Pro: Monitors the noise level in your class.
- Remind: Remind offers teachers a free, safe and easy-to-use way to instantly text students and parents.
- Smiling Mind: Smiling Mind is meditation made easy. A simple tool that helps put a smile on your mind anytime, anywhere and everyday.
- Stop, Breathe & Think: A meditation and mindfulness app that helps you find peace anywhere.