Augmented Reality in Physical Education
Articles on Augmented Reality and exergaming
- 17 Ways to Use Augmented Reality in #PhysEd
- AR Sports Game Allows Children Of All Abilities To Compete On A Level Playing Field
- Augmented Reality #PhysEd Board Game
- Augmented Reality in Physical Education
- How Augmented Reality will Change Sports ... and Build Empathy
- How to Transform Your Class with Augmented Reality
- Metaverse AR Technology in Physical Education
- My New T: Making Anatomy 4D in Physed
- Collection of Articles from The PE Geek
- Collection of Tweets on Augmented Reality in PE
FUTURE DIRECTION OF AUGMENTED REALITY
Microsoft HoloLens is a great example of where Augmented Reality is heading. These are see through glasses that can place virtual interactive objects into the physical environment you are in. In the future students will be able to:
Augemented Reality Apps
- AR MeasureKit: Take measurements using your phone's camera.
- BeerBox: An AR drunk simulation app.
- Dance Reality: Dance Reality uses Apple's latest augmented reality technology (ARKit) to place footprints onto the floor in front of you.
- Get Gen Move: GenMove Season 1 is specially developed as part of the WHO partnership Healthy FIFA World Cup.
- Metaverse: Build your own Augmented Reality experiences using the Metaverse Studio.
- Plum's Creaturizer: Place student created animals in your local environment.
EXERGAMING Apps - Indoor
- BitBreaker: Play the game with your body in this arcade inspired brick breaker. Step left or right to steer the paddle and jump for a power shot!
- Color Go AR: Guide the sphere through each obstacle so that the color of the sphere and obstacle match.
- Jump Jump Froggy 1 (Jump Jump Froggy 2): Physical fitness and fundamental mathematical concepts while exercising body and mind.
- Motion Kidz: Features five body motion Games where kids jump, run and move to play.
- Motion Sports: Contains four body motion games: Swim, Ski, Football & Run.
Changing the Environment
- BitGym: BitGym upgrades your cardio machine with stunning interactive trails from around the world.
- GameFit Bike Race: In this 3D Cycling Game, the harder you exercise, the faster you move!
- Real Indoor: Website that uses Google Street view for augmented experiences riding bikes.
- Virtual Active: Virtual Active turns your cardio workout into an outdoor adventure.
EXERGAMING APPs - outDOOR
- AR Runner: Run through checkpoints and set new records! Compete against other players worldwide! Play indoors or outside!
- Fit for Battle: Transform your ordinary walk, jog or run into an epic adventure game!
- Ingress Prime: Turns walking/running in real life into a roleplaying game.
- Jurassic World Alive: Find dinosaurs around your neighborhood.
- Outdoor Family Fun with Plum: Try a mission from Plum and start building a healthy habit!
- Pokémon GO: As you walk around a neighborhood, your smartphone will vibrate when there’s a Pokémon nearby.
- PuzzleWalk: A gamified app where you can walk through cities around the world and solve 'spot the difference' puzzles.
- Runbit: Run, Walk, Jog, Cycle to Collect stars, Escape monsters or Hunt animals on the map. Share, Compete and motivate friends to healthier lives.
- The Walk: App that is part fitness tracker, game, and story.
- Walkr: Walkr combines your phone’s pedometer with a fun galaxy adventure game.
- Wokamon - Monster Walk Quest: Gaming app that works with Fitbit.
- Zombies, Run!: Turns walking/running in real life into a roleplaying game.
Overview on QR COdes
EXAMPLES FROM TWITTER