Service Projects: No Excuses! Documentary and Paradise U Community Project
QUALITY PHYSICAL EDUCATION ADVOCACY
EFFECTIVE TEACHING STRATEGIES
Augmented Reality and QR Codes in Physical Education
Overview - Augmented Reality
Overview - QR Codes
Examples from Twitter
Articles on Augmented Reality in (Physical) Education
MICROSOFT HOLOLENS - FUTURE DIRECTION OF AUGMENTED REALITY
Microsoft HoloLens is a great example of where Augmented Reality is heading. These are see through glasses that can place virtual interactive objects into the physical environment you are in. In the future students will be able to:
Augemented Reality Applications
- AR MeasureKit: Take measurements using your phone's camera.
- Dance Reality: Dance Reality uses Apple's latest augmented reality technology (ARKit) to place footprints onto the floor in front of you.
- HP Reveal: Discover augmented reality (AR) experiences, create your own AR, and share the magic with friends.
- Metaverse: Build your own Augmented Reality experiences using the Metaverse Studio.
- Plum's Creaturizer: Place student created animals in your local environment.
- Skill Lab: Skill demonstrations using augmented reality.
EXERGAMING Applications - Indoor
- BitBreaker: Play the game with your body in this arcade inspired brick breaker. Step left or right to steer the paddle and jump for a power shot!
- Color Run: Guide the sphere through each obstacle so that the color of the sphere and obstacle match.
- Jump Jump Froggy 1 (Jump Jump Froggy 2): Physical fitness and fundamental mathematical concepts while exercising body and mind.
- Motion Kidz: Features five body motion Games where kids jump, run and move to play.
- Motion Sports: Contains four body motion games: Swim, Ski, Football & Run.
EXERGAMING APPLICATIONS - outDOOR
- AR Runner: Run through checkpoints and set new records! Compete against other players worldwide! Play indoors or outside!
- Fit for Battle: Transform your ordinary walk, jog or run into an epic adventure game!
- Harry Potter - Wizards Unite: Location based augmented reality game.
- Ingress Prime: Turns walking/running in real life into a roleplaying game.
- Jurassic World Alive: Find dinosaurs around your neighborhood.
- Outdoor Family Fun with Plum: Try a mission from Plum and start building a healthy habit!
- Pokémon GO: As you walk around a neighborhood, your smartphone will vibrate when there’s a Pokémon nearby.
- Runbit: Run, Walk, Jog, Cycle to Collect stars, Escape monsters or Hunt animals on the map. Share, Compete and motivate friends to healthier lives.
- The Walk: App that is part fitness tracker, game, and story.
- Walkr: Walkr combines your phone’s pedometer with a fun galaxy adventure game.
- Wokamon - Monster Walk Quest: Gaming app that works with Fitbit.
- Zombies, Run!: Turns walking/running in real life into a roleplaying game.
EXERGAMING APPLICATIONS - Changing the Scenery
- BitGym: BitGym upgrades your cardio machine with stunning interactive trails from around the world.
- GameFit Bike Race: In this 3D Cycling Game, the harder you exercise, the faster you move!
- Real Indoor: Website that uses Google Street view for augmented experiences riding bikes.
- Virtual Active: Virtual Active turns your cardio workout into an outdoor adventure.
RESEARCH ON EXERGAMING
Resources on Qr Codes