Service Projects: Paradise U and No Excuses Documentary
QUALITY PHYSICAL EDUCATION ADVOCACY
EFFECTIVE TEACHING STRATEGIES
TEACHing tools and RESOURCES
Information and Resources for Professional Development
Types of P.D.
Guideposts for P.D.
SHAPE America Appropriate Practices
"I learned More at Lunchtime": Guideposts for Reimagining Professional Development. Patton, K & Parker, M. (2015).
- 5.1.1 The teacher continually seeks new information to stay current (e.g., reads journals, attends conferences and in-services).
Articles Relating to Professional Development
Articles on getting Feedback
PHYSICAL EDUCATION BLOGS
PHYSICAL EDUCATION Related JOURNALS
PHYSICAL EDUCATION WEBINARS, VIDEOS, AND PODCASTS
Tips and Resources
- Traditionally, the first day (pre-conference) is not necessary to attend unless there is a session/workshop that you are interested in.
- Look at the program schedule ahead of time and take note of sessions you want to attend.
- Bring a tablet or an alternative to take photos, videos, notes; and use the conference app!
- Be active in sessions and volunteer when opportunities are presented.
- Travel in small groups as larger ones tend to be more off task :)
- Save your lanyards (good for non-participants, bathroom passes, etc.) and conference bags for your physical education program.
- Pace yourself and rest. Its a marathon, not a sprint.
RESOURCES FOR RESEARCH
- CITI training: A free online Institutional Review Board (IRB) tutorial, if you are with an affiliated institution such as a university. It is very helpful for learning about issues involving participants in research.
- Connected Papers: Explore connected research papers in a visual graph.
- Dictation.io: Use the magic of speech recognition to write emails, narrate essays and long documents in the browser without touching the keyboard.
- Formatically: Free online citation service.
- Google Alerts: The service sends emails to the user when it finds new results (ie. web pages, online articles, or blogs) that matches the user's search term.
- Office of Graduate Research Flinders University: Youtube channel on doctoral research.
- Open Access Articles: Academia, Get the Research, Google Scholar, JSTOR, and Science Direct.
- Otter Voice Meeting Notes: Free voice transcription app.
- PEPRN: Physical education blog that reviews literature and research.
- Research in Health and Physical Education - Making Research More Accessible: Translated research, podcast, and more.
- VassarStats: Free browser-based statistics program.
P.E.T.E. Programs - Resources
- 2017 National Standards for Initial Physical Education Teacher Education: National standards from SHAPE America.
- AIESEP Flash Blog: International Association for Physical Education in Higher Education.
- AIESEP Conference: International Association for Physical Education in Higher Education (podcast about this conference).
- Dr. Robert Pangrazi's Lesson Plans: Full length videos can be assessed by PETE students.
- Example PETE Club and Advising Website: Example website from CSU Chico.
- Glickman's Supervision Models: Supervising models for student teachers, based on their developmental level.
- Handbook of Physical Education: Sort of a literature review for all things physical education.
- Intellectual Commons for PETE Doctoral Education: Provides free access for faculty and students to current program information and syllabi used in the education of doctoral students in physical education teacher education.
- PE Central Video Center: Full length videos can be assessed by PETE students.
- Pedagogical Cases: Physical education based case studies.
- PETE Collaborative: The purpose of this website is to help share ideas with the PETE/HETE community.
- PETE & HETE Conference: Conference for teacher educators in PETE and HETE.
- PETE/HETE in Health and Physical Education for Teacher’s Toolbox: Resources from SHAPE America.
P.E.T.E. PROGRAMS - RESearch Articles and Editorials
- A Snapshot of Recruitment in Health and Physical Education Teacher Education: Results from a National Survey
- Evaluation, Rationale, and Perceptions Regarding Fitness Testing in Physical Education Teacher Education Programs
- Let's Get Virtual: Observing Physical Education Field Experiences through Synchronous Video Conferencing
- Pedagogical Principles of Learning to Teach Meaningful Physical Education
- PETE Collaborative on Race and Racism in PETE and PE (podcast)
- Physical Education Teacher Education Students' Perceptions of the Physiques of Self and Educators in the Profession
- Teacher Educators’ Enactment of Pedagogies that Prioritise Learning about Meaningful Physical Education