6 SPARTAN Races themed adventure races for physical education were created by 2019 National High School Physical Education Teacher of the Year Dan DeJager in collaboration with SPARK and SPARTAN Races. See one example below and find the other 5 races on our Examples of Creative Fitness Activities page.
Click on Photos to Enlarge and Click Here to Download on PDF
SPARTAN Kids and SPARK #BeUnbreakable Challenge (2020)
- Who: Students (Elementary and Secondary) + we encourage family members to join in the fun!
- What: Spartan Kids #BEUNBREAKABLE Challenge Activity Sessions: All activities are designed to be done indoors or outdoors and only with family members who are known to be healthy. We encourage responsibility – participate in activities that are suitable for you and your family considering all guidelines and recommendations of the CDC. More information can be found here.
- Where: View sessions at home (indoors and/or outdoors). Internet access required.
- When: 10-week challenge starting Tuesday, April 7 and ending Friday, June 12. Sessions will be posted each week at 12:00 p.m. ET: Elementary sessions posted on Tuesdays and Thursdays; Secondary sessions posted on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Why: To support students accepting the challenge to be lifelong learners – advocating for their own health and wellness beyond school.
- How: To view the archived sessions, go to SPARK’s YouTube Video Library.