Physical Education Related Organizations
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
- Action for Healthy Kids: Action for Healthy Kids is the nation’s leading nonprofit and largest volunteer network fighting childhood obesity and undernourishment by working with schools to improve nutrition and physical activity to help our kids learn to eat right, be active every day and be ready to learn.
- Active Schools: This free online toolkit will provide you with easy-to-use resources and activities every month that will help you educate your administrators, school board members, parents and colleagues about the importance of a comprehensive school physical activity program with physical education as its foundation.
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation: We work with schools, companies, community organizations, healthcare professionals and families to transform the conditions and systems that lead to healthier kids.
- Aspen Institute - Project Play: An initiative of the Sports & Society Program, Project Play is a multi-stage effort to provide the thought leadership to build Sport for All, Play for Life communities that foster a culture of health.
- Change Lab Solutions - Healthier Schools: Browse our tools for developing strong local school wellness policies, increasing physical activity in schools, sharing recreational facilities, promoting Safe Routes to Schools, restricting advertising on school campuses, improving school vending and more!
- PHIT America: PHIT America is a cause and campaign dedicated to increasing physical activity and fitness to improve the health of America.
- Physical Activity Alliance: Our focus is on the policies and systems that help make the active choice the easy choice.
- Safe Routes to School: Advances policy change and catalyzes support for healthy, active communities, starting with walking and bicycling to school. We are dedicated to creating livable, sustainable communities where all people can be healthy and physically active.
- Voices for Healthy Kids: These are the stories of those working to engage, organize, and mobilize communities to help all children achieve a healthy weight.
- Attendance Works: The mission of Attendance Works is to advance student success and reduce equity gaps by reducing chronic absence.
- Edutopia: A comprehensive website and online community that increases knowledge, sharing, and adoption of what works in K-12 education.
- informED: InformEd is a learning and teaching hub designed for educators and e-learners, featuring resources and interactive and innovative ideas for learning and trends in education as well as education technology.
- Larry Ferlazzo: This is a great blog that I follow daily. His site posts articles that vary from instructional practices to current issues in education. In addition, he has a Best of Series page which has links to over 600 lists he has created for finding online resources on various topics.
- National Council on Teacher Quality: The National Council on Teacher Quality advocates for reforms in a broad range of teacher policies at the federal, state and local levels in order to increase the number of effective teachers.
- TeachThought: TeachThought is primarily interested in exploring new learning models, including blended learning, project-based learning, self-directed learning, and the role of play in learning while also supporting existing K-20 educators as they seek to improve their own craft in practice today.
- WeAreTeachers: An online resource for lesson plans, professional development resources, grants and contests for teachers, and much more.
Contact Information for SHAPE Organizations
**You can also view the directory on this mobile friendly page**