No Excuses! - A Documentary on Quality Physical Education
QUALITY PHYSICAL EDUCATION ADVOCACY
EFFECTIVE TEACHING STRATEGIES
Augmented Reality and QR Codes in Physical Education
Augmented Reality Explained
Physical Activity Examples for AR
Augemented Reality and Exergaming Applications
- AR Runner: Run through checkpoints and set new records! Compete against other players worldwide! Play indoors or outside!
- Bemi: Run, slide and jump as you collect coins and overcome obstacles on your missions.
- BitBreaker: Place down your device, take a few steps back and play the game with your body in this arcade inspired brick breaker. Step left or right to steer the paddle and jump for a power shot!
- BitGym: BitGym upgrades your cardio machine with stunning interactive trails from around the world.
- Color Run: Guide the sphere through each obstacle so that the color of the sphere and obstacle match. You will need to move the whole device to play and not just tilt it to look around!
- Dance Reality: Dance Reality uses Apple's latest augmented reality technology (ARKit) to place footprints onto the floor in front of you.
- Dungeon Runner: Fitness Quest: Turn your home workout into an old-school dungeon battle.
- GameFit Bike Race: In this 3D Cycling Game, the harder you exercise, the faster you move!
- Ingress: Turns walking/running in real life into a roleplaying game.
- Jump Jump Froggy 1 (Jump Jump Froggy 2): Get a jump start on physical fitness and fundamental mathematical concepts while exercising body and mind with Flip the Frog and his colorful friends.
- Klikaklu Player: Klikaklu is a photo hunt game that uses your phone's GPS, camera, and advanced image matching technology.
- Metaverse: Build your own Augmented Reality experiences using the Metaverse Studio.
- Motion Kidz: Features five body motion Games where kids jump, run and move to play.
- Motion Sports: Contains four body motion games: Swim, Ski, Football & Run.
- Outdoor Family Fun with Plum: Try a mission from Plum and start building a healthy habit!
- Plum's Creaturizer: Place student created animals in your local environment.
- NFL Play 60: You run, jump, and turn WHILE HOLDING YOUR DEVICE and your character does the same. You move and your character moves on screen.
- Pokémon GO: As you walk around a neighborhood, your smartphone will vibrate when there’s a Pokémon nearby. Take aim and throw a Poké Ball…
- Runbit: Run, Walk, Jog, Cycle to Collect stars, Escape monsters or Hunt animals on the map. Share, Compete and motivate friends to healthier lives.
- The Walk: App that is part fitness tracker, game, and story.
- Virtual Active: Virtual Active turns your cardio workout into an outdoor adventure.
- Wokamon - Monster Walk Quest: Gaming app that works with Fitbit.
- Zombies, Run!: Turns walking/running in real life into a roleplaying game.
Future of Augmented Reality - Microsoft HoloLens
The future of augmented reality and QR codes is Microsoft HoloLens. These are see through glasses that can place virtual interactive objects into the physical environment you are in. Once they get sport versions of these, students will be able to: