No Excuses! - A Documentary on Quality Physical Education
QUALITY PHYSICAL EDUCATION ADVOCACY
EFFECTIVE TEACHING STRATEGIES
Online Resources for Health, Fitness, and Nutrition
- Anatomy Arcade: Anatomy Arcade makes basic human anatomy come alive through awesome free flash games, interactives and videos.
- Explania.com: This site has animations on health topics including the human heart and calculating BMI.
- GetBodySmart: An online textbook about human anatomy and physiology.
- Healthline Body Maps: This website provides interactive 3D models for learning about human anatomy.
- KidsHealth: Variety of resources on the human body including animated videos.
- Spongelab Biology: Test your knowledge of anatomy using their "Build-a-Body."
- Study Guide to the Systems of the Body: Brief overview of each body system along with helpful educational links for adults and instructional links for teachers.
- TeachPE: Information and resources for anatomy, biomechanics, physiology, and more.
- ACE Fit: Find information on health and fitness, exercises, training programs, etc.
- All Trails: AllTrails has the largest collection of detailed, hand-curated trail maps so you can hit the trail with confidence.
- BrianMac - Sports Coach: Sports Coach provides information on the many topics related to developing physical and mental condition to help fitness enthusiasts, athletes and coaches achieve their goals and to assist students studying sport related qualifications.
- DAREBEE: Free downloadable workout cards.
- ExRx.net: ExRx.net is a free resource for the exercise professional, coach, or fitness enthusiast featuring comprehensive exercise libraries, fitness assessment calculators, and reference articles.
- Find your Park: Find public parks in your area.
- Fitness.com: Here you have access to hundreds of exercises with detailed instructions and pictures for each exercise step. If you are registered you can add these exercises to your personal workout program and create an exercise plan that you can print.
- FitnessBlender: Website has a large library of playlists ranging from workout routines to health and fitness information.
- Map of Play: Find playgrounds, parks, and playspaces across the United States.
- Recreation.gov: Discover which parks, forests, lakes, museums, and areas offer recreation opportunities near you or your destination.
- Arthur Family Health (PBS Kids): Arthur and his friends are here to help with games, videos, and resources designed to help keep your family safe and strong.
- Biological Age: Biological Age is calculated by measuring the largest (scientifically researched) influences on longevity. It is also skewed towards lifestyle or cultural factors and specifically avoids any genetic biases.
- BrainPop - Health: Videos, lessons, and more on a range of health related topics
- Build Your Best Day: A fun, interactive and educational tool to help children and youth aged 5-17 and their parents learn about Movement Guidelines.
- KidsHealth: KidsHealth is the most-visited site on the Web for information about health, behavior, and development from before birth through the teen years.
- KidsHealth in the Classroom: Free health resources. Teacher's Guides include discussion questions, quizzes and answer keys, classroom activities and extensions, and printable handouts - all aligned to National Health Education Standards.
- Healthy Kids: The American Heart Association is working to help kids live heart-healthy lives. Use these resources to help your family live longer, healthier lives.
- HealthPoweredKids.org: Free lessons on a variety of health topics.
- Interactive Body Map: This interactive body map brings together scientific evidence on the links between lack of physical activity and disease.
- Level Up (Ophea): Free online resource that supports educators and program leaders in promoting positive mental health and overall well-being of students.
- MyHealthFinder: An easy tool to get personalized health recommendations for yourself or a loved one.
- My Family Health Portrait: Internet-based tool from the Surgeon General that makes it easy for you to record your family health history.
- SuperTracker (ChooseMyPlate.gov): Track your foods and physical activities to see how they stack up.
- TeensHealth Sports Center: Homepage for a variety of sports and health related resources for teens.
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation: Document that reviews various nutrition based websites.
- ChooseMyPlate.gov: USDA replaces MyPyramid with MyPlate. Also see MyPlateMyState, MyPlate Activites, & this website for versions in different languages.
- Fooducate: Get independent, objective food recommendations with Fooducate.
- Healthy Kids Challenge: Educates and empowers influencers to take action for kids and families to Eat, Move, and Enjoy a Healthy Balance.
- I(heart)Water: Resources for teaching the importance of drinking water.
- Nourish Interactive: Nourish Interactive is your free one stop resource for fun nutrition games for kids, interactive nutrition tools and tips for parents and health educators to use to promote healthy living for the whole family.
- Smart Snacks Product Calculator: Take the guesswork out of nutrition guidelines. Simply enter the product information, answer a few questions, and determine whether your snack, side or entrée item meets the new USDA Smart Snacks in School Guidelines.
- USDA: Information and resources from the US Department of Agriculture.
- What's in Food: Nutrition based resources from Nutrition.gov.