Quality Physical Education Advocacy
Quality Physical Education
No Excuses! Documentary
Recess and Play
Effective Teaching strategies
Articles and Videos
Online Resources for Health, Fitness, and Nutrition
- Anatomy Arcade: Anatomy Arcade makes basic human anatomy come alive through awesome free flash games, interactives and videos.
- BioDigital Human: 3D models of the body.
- Explania.com: This site has animations on health topics including the human heart and calculating BMI.
- GetBodySmart: An online textbook about human anatomy and physiology.
- Healthline Body Maps: This website provides interactive 3D models for learning about human anatomy.
- KidsHealth: Variety of resources on the human body including animated videos.
- Spongelab Biology: Test your knowledge of anatomy using their "Build-a-Body."
- TeachPE: Information and resources for anatomy, biomechanics, physiology, and more.
- ACE Fit: Find information on health and fitness, exercises, training programs, etc.
- BrianMac - Sports Coach: Sports Coach provides information on the many topics related to developing physical and mental condition to help fitness enthusiasts, athletes and coaches achieve their goals and to assist students studying sport related qualifications.
- DAREBEE: Free downloadable workout cards.
- ExRx.net: ExRx.net is a free resource for the exercise professional, coach, or fitness enthusiast featuring comprehensive exercise libraries, fitness assessment calculators, and reference articles.
- Find your Park: Find public parks in your area
- Fitness.com: Here you have access to hundreds of exercises with detailed instructions and pictures for each exercise step. If you are registered you can add these exercises to your personal workout program and create an exercise plan that you can print.
- FitnessBlender: Website has a large library of playlists ranging from workout routines to health and fitness information.
- Heart Rate Zone Viewer: Visuals and example lesson ideas from ThePhysicalEducator.
- Physical Literacy Movements: Downloadable movement preparation guide by Canadian Sport for Life.
- Recreation.gov: Discover which parks, forests, lakes, museums, and areas offer recreation opportunities near you or your destination.
- Tae Boe: Free Tae Boe video from Billy Blanks.
- AMAZE: Real info in fun, animated videos that give you all the answers you actually want to know about sex, your body and relationships.
- Arthur Family Health (PBS Kids): Arthur and his friends are here to help with games, videos, and resources designed to help keep your family safe and strong.
- AsapSCIENCE: Youtube channel that has a good assortment of videos that explain science/health concepts in a user friendly way.
- Biological Age: Biological Age is calculated by measuring the largest (scientifically researched) influences on longevity. It is also skewed towards lifestyle or cultural factors and specifically avoids any genetic biases.
- DocMikeEvans: Youtube channel that has a good assortment of videos that explain science/health concepts in a user friendly way.
- DrugAbuse.com: Information and resources relating to drug abuse.
- Evans Health Lab: The Evans Health Lab fuses clinicians and creatives, filmmakers and patients, social entrepreneurs and best evidence to create “edutaining” healthcare information.
- KidsHealth: KidsHealth is the most-visited site on the Web for information about health, behavior, and development from before birth through the teen years.
- Know Your Drinking Score: Short quiz that assesses the participants drinking habits and risks.
- Healthy Kids: The American Heart Association is working to help kids live heart-healthy lives. Use these resources to help your family live longer, healthier lives.
- Interactive Body Map: This interactive body map brings together scientific evidence on the links between lack of physical activity and disease.
- MyHealthFinder: An easy tool to get personalized health recommendations for yourself or a loved one.
- My Family Health Portrait: Internet-based tool from the Surgeon General that makes it easy for you to record your family health history.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse for Teens: Videos and information on drug abuse.
- TeensHealth Sports Center: Homepage for a variety of sports and health related resources for teens.
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation: Document that reviews various nutrition based websites.
- ChooseMyPlate.gov: USDA replaces MyPyramid with MyPlate. Also see MyPlateMyState, MyPlate Activites, & this website for versions in different languages.
- Food N' Me: Interactive website that shows students the breakdown of foods in a creative way (sugar, salt, and fat).
- Fooducate: Get independent, objective food recommendations with Fooducate.
- Healthy Beverage Guidelines: Nutrition guide for beverages by Havard School of Public Health.
- Healthy Kids Challenge: Educates and empowers influencers to take action for kids and families to Eat, Move, and Enjoy a Healthy Balance.
- Ingredients by National Geographic: Youtube playlist that shows what is inside regular daily products.
- No Kid Hungry: The No Kid Hungry campaign connects kids in need with nutritious food and teaches their families how to cook healthy, affordable meals. The campaign also engages the public to make ending child hunger a national priority.
- Nourish Interactive: Nourish Interactive is your free one stop resource for fun nutrition games for kids, interactive nutrition tools and tips for parents and health educators to use to promote healthy living for the whole family.
- Smart Snacks Product Calculator: Take the guesswork out of nutrition guidelines. Simply enter the product information, answer a few questions, and determine whether your snack, side or entrée item meets the new USDA Smart Snacks in School Guidelines.
- SuperTracker (ChooseMyPlate.gov): Track your foods and physical activities to see how they stack up.
- USDA: Information and resources from the US Department of Agriculture.
- Vegan Food Pyramid: A downloadable PDF of a vegan food pyramid.
- What's in Food: Nutrition based resources from Nutrition.gov.
- Your Fast Food Plan: A simple interactive calculator that finds out how much exercise it would take for you to work off fast food.