Service Projects: Paradise U and No Excuses Documentary
QUALITY PHYSICAL EDUCATION ADVOCACY
EFFECTIVE TEACHING STRATEGIES
TEACHing tools and RESOURCES
Physical Education Advocacy Alerts
Purpose: Any citizen concerned about the quality and/or quantity of physical education students are receiving can submit an advocacy alert.
How it Works:
How it Works:
- An advocacy alert is submitted using the appropriate form (each state has its own submission form).
- Our organization, state organizations, and other individuals will share these alerts with the physical education community through social media (#SHAPEadvocacy), newsletters, emails, etc.
- Individuals and organizations that see the alerts can then contribute towards advocating for quality physical education.
- Alerts are hidden or deleted 60 days after submission in order to keep the list current.
**supportREALteachers.org is temporarily hosting this program but we found a new permanent home
that will be announced January 2021**
Example Advocacy Alerts using 1 form for all states
Advocacy Presenter Directory
Create a directory of speakers willing to present to school boards and other events in person or virtually (via tablet or projector):
- Willing speakers sign up for the directory and indicate their availability. They should have expertise on their state policies and research on physed.
- A teacher or concerned citizen contacts the speaker and provides some background information (to prepare them for questions).
- The teacher or concerned citizen begins the presentation with an overview on the importance of physical education (toolkit is provided).
- The speaker then joins virtually to delve deeper into research and for Q&A.
- Link to embedded document below
**Mass email to all speakers at the end of the year: prior submissions will be deleted to keep the directory accurate. Please resubmit for next year.**
Older Format with States Separated
all Current Advocacy Alerts
All State Advocacy Forms