No Excuses! - A Documentary on Quality Physical Education
QUALITY PHYSICAL EDUCATION ADVOCACY
EFFECTIVE TEACHING STRATEGIES
Resources for P.E.T.E. Graduate Students
- 2017 National Standards for Initial Physical Education Teacher Education - SHAPE America
- GoGrad: This guide is designed to answer common question, address specific concerns, & provide an insider look at tricks, tips and hacks for the GRE.
- Intellectual Commons for PETE Doctoral Education: Provides free access for faculty and students to current program information and syllabi used in the education of doctoral students in physical education teacher education.
- Peterson's: Information on over 4000 colleges and universities, online schools, and graduate programs; provides financial aid information & test preparation.
- Sperling's Best Places: Information on cost of living, demographics, climate, and more.
- PETE/HETE in Health and Physical Education for Teacher’s Toolbox: Whether you are in the classroom teaching Physical Education Teacher Education and Health Education Teacher Education (PETE/HETE), or conducting research that elevates our profession and leads to classroom solutions, your work in is vital to the next generation of health and physical educators.
Resources for Conducting Research
- CITI training: A free online Institutional Review Board (IRB) tutorial, if you are with an affiliated institution such as a university. It is very helpful for learning about issues involving participants in research.
- Dictation.io: Use the magic of speech recognition to write emails, narrate essays and long documents in the browser without touching the keyboard.
- Google Alerts: The service sends emails to the user when it finds new results (ie. web pages, online articles, or blogs) that matches the user's search term.
- MapsInSeconds: Create maps using data from Excel.
- Office of Graduate Research Flinders University: Youtube channel on doctoral research.
- Purdue OWL: One of the leading online resources for APA citation.
- SHAPE America: Provides information & resources on various topics related to planning, conducting & disseminating research in physical activity & health.
- VassarStats: Free browser-based statistics program.