Resources for Graduate Students
Resources for Conducting Research
- 100 Search Engines for Academic Research: List of various search engines focused on academic research.
- CITI training: A free online Institutional Review Board (IRB) tutorial, if you are with an affiliated institution such as a university. It is very helpful for learning about issues involving participants in research.
- Google Alerts: The service sends emails to the user when it finds new results (ie. web pages, online articles, or blogs) that matches the user's search term.
- MapsInSeconds: Create maps using data from Excel.
- Purdue OWL: One of the leading online resources for APA citation.
- SHAPE America: Provides information & resources on various topics related to planning, conducting & disseminating research in physical activity & health.
- VassarStats: Free browser-based statistics program.
Resources for Current/Prospective Graduate Students
The Intellectual Commons for PETE Doctoral Education provides free access for faculty and students to current program information and syllabi used in the education of doctoral students in physical education teacher education. The website team expects to expand their resources over time to include: digitally archived repository of key documents and video-based resources specific to the preparation of future PETE professors, links to PETE doctoral resources, and more.
- GoGrad: This guide is designed to answer common question, address specific concerns, & provide an insider look at tricks, tips and hacks for the GRE.
- Peterson's: Information on over 4000 colleges and universities, online schools, and graduate programs; provides financial aid information & test preparation.
- Sperling's Best Places: Information on cost of living, demographics, climate, and more.
- The Princeton Review: Offers test preparation services, tutoring and admissions resources, online courses, and books published by Random House.