Journals for Physical Education and Sport
Journals for Physical Education
- Active & Healthy Magazine: "Aimed at physical educators, health educators, fitness leaders and the generalist teacher. The emphasis is on informative articles of interest for teachers of Health and Physical Education encompassing curriculum in schools, junior sport, nutrition, fitness and physical activity, and insights into future ways of motivating children and young people to be active and healthy."
- Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly (APAQ): "An international, multidisciplinary journal, designed to stimulate and communicate high scholarly inquiry related to physical activity for special needs populations. APAQ has published recent articles with vital research regarding physical performance of individuals with intellectual disabilities, adults with traumatic brain injuries, international perspectives on the definition of adapted physical activity, the responsibilities and training needs of paraeducators in physical education, competence satisfaction, and the effects of sport participation on the basketball skills and physical self of adolescents with conduct disorders."
- American Journal of Health Education: "The American Journal of Health Education (AJHE) is filled with research findings, community learning strategies, and recent health promotion trends."
- Asia-Pacific Journal of Health, Sport and Physical Education: "Gives particular focus to social science research-based articles that make reference to other critical work in the field and/or discuss particular issues of practice-focused research within the specific professional fields of health, sport and physical education. This provides for cross-disciplinary engagement with education, sports, community and public health researchers and commentators."
- European Journal of Physical Education: "An international peer-reviewed, scientific journal dedicated to contributing publishing of quality physics education articles throughout the world since 2010. Starting 2012, EJPE publishes four issues annually. EJPE is established to increase the number of especially physics education academic papers for educators. The aim of the European Journal of Physics Education is to disseminate original theoretical and empirical research on physics education. Contributions are invited from the international community of researchers. Manuscripts must be written in English."
- European Physical Education Review: "An international multi- and interdisciplinary journal that stimulates and presents scholarly enquiry in the broad field of physical education, including sport and leisure issues and research."
- Global Journal of Health and Physical Education Pedagogy: "An outcome of the Global Forum on Physical Education Pedagogy 2010 (GoFPEP 2010), which focuses on examining new forms of pedagogy, the use of technology, ways of linking practice to theory, and the importance of contextually based education embedded in community life as a way to reshape and redesign the future of health and physical education. The journal aims to publish articles and news features reflecting items of theoretical, applied, and professional interest drawn worldwide. In particular, the journal will seek to emphasize articles that advance best practice in the areas of health and physical education pedagogy and physical education teacher training."
- Journal of Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance (JOPERD): "SHAPE America's largest, most frequently published, and most wide-ranging periodical. It is SHAPE America's cornerstone journal, reaching 12,000+ members and subscribers, providing information on a variety of health, physical education, recreation and dance issues. JOPERD now has a redesigned, modernized layout and features numerous color photographs."
- Journal of Teaching in Physical Education (JTPE): "Presents original, high quality research on teaching, curriculum, and teacher education in physical education from the leading experts in the field. The qualitative and quantitative research included in JTPE is based on classroom and laboratory studies, descriptive and survey studies, summary and review articles, as well as discussions of current trends in the field. JTPE is an ideal resource for in-service and pre-service teachers, teacher educators, and administrators who wish to enhance their understanding of how children learn in physical education."
- PALAESTRA: "PALAESTRA is a quarterly publication designed to be a single responsible source of valuable information for those interested in sport, physical education, and recreation involving individuals with disabilities."
- Physical Education & Sport Pedagogy: "Physical Education and Sport Pedagogy promotes the communication of educational research in physical education and youth sport and related fields such as teacher and coach education. The journal encourages the submission of data-based and advocacy papers on teaching and coaching, learning and curriculum and especially the interdependence of these dimensions of pedagogy."
- Physical Education Matters: "Physical Education Matters is published by the Association for Physical Education (afPE) and aims to inspire, educate and entertain members by sharing information, research and practice from all those involved in physical education and school sport including policy makers, primary and secondary teachers, lecturers, advisers, consultants, coaches and students across the United Kingdom and beyond."
- Quest: "An essential reading for physical educators in higher education, students earning advanced degrees in physical education, and field practitioners interested in the development of their profession. In its 55-plus years of publication, Quest continues to present the critical issues facing today’s physical education professionals through incisive and creative articles by the leading lights of the discipline."
- Sport, Education and Society: "An international journal which provides a focal point for the publication of research on pedagogy, policy and the wide range of associated social, cultural, political and ethical issues in physical activity and sport. The journal will concentrate both on the forms, contents and contexts of physical education and sport found in schools, colleges and other sites of formal education, and the pedagogies of play, calisthenics, gymnastics and sport found in familial environments, various sport clubs, the leisure industry, as well as private fitness and health studios, dance schools, gymnastic clubs and rehabilitation centers."
- Strategies: A Journal for Physical and Sport Educators: "A bimonthly journal that offers practical how-to articles for sport and physical education professionals at all levels."
- The Physical Educator: "Originally published in 1940 by Phi Epsilon Kappa as a quarterly publication for its fraternity members, The Physical Educator is one of the longest standing journals providing research-based articles relating to physical education, health, recreation, and related areas. This quarterly periodical is now available for non-members and libraries. Phi Epsilon Kappa Fraternity is a national professional fraternity for persons engaged in or pursuing careers in physical education, health, recreation, dance, human performance, exercise science, sports medicine, and sports management."
- Women in Sport and Physical Activity Journal: "An online only peer-reviewed journal that serves readers by providing a forum for women-centered issues and approaches to sport and physical activity. Published 3 times annually, the Journal consists of original data-based research, review essays, creative writing, book reviews, commentaries, letters and responses, and other scholarly writings relative to sport and physical activity."
Journals for Exercise and Sport
- International Sport Coaching Journal: "An Official Journal of the International Council for Coaching Excellence (ICCE) and Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE America)."
- Journal of Applied Sport Psychology: "Founded in 1986, the Association for Applied Sport Psychology (AASP) promotes the ethical practice, science, and advocacy of sport and exercise psychology. AASP is an international, multidisciplinary, professional organization that offers certification to qualified professionals in the field of sport, exercise, and health psychology."
- Journal of Physical Education and Sport Management (JPESM): "A multidisciplinary peer-reviewed journal published monthly by Academic Journal. JPESM is dedicated to increasing the depth of research across all areas of this subject."
- Journal of Sport and Social Issues (JSSI): "JSSI brings you the latest research, discussion and analysis on contemporary sport issues. Using an international, interdisciplinary perspective, JSSI examines today's most pressing and far-reaching questions about sport."
- Journal of Sport Psychology in Action: "The Journal of Sport Psychology in Action is a nonproprietary journal operated by the Association for Sport Psychology. The Journal of Sport Psychology in Action (JSPA) is a refereed journal designed to promote the application of scientific knowledge to the practice of sport, exercise, and health psychology. Submissions that advance the practice, science, and advocacy of sport, exercise, and health psychology with the aim of facilitation of optimal participation, performance, and enjoyment in a broad array of sport and exercise settings are appropriate for the JSPA."
- Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport (RQES): "A highly respected professional journal offering the latest research in the art and science of human movement studies. This comprehensive professional journal features articles and research notes encompassing such topic areas as biomechanics, epidemiology, motor behavior, measurement and evaluation, physiology, pedagogy, psychology and history/philosophy/sociocultural foundations. An excellent research tool, this journal is a must-have for researchers and university students preparing for careers in exercise and sport science."
- Sport Science Review: "The Sport Science Review (SSR) is the official journal of the National Institute for Sport Research (Bucharest, Romania) and is published 3 times per year in a double issue. SSR is an international, multidisciplinary journal in the field of sport."